In July of 1943, the first worship service was conducted by the Midwest City church of Christ. During the first few months after the congregation began, various homes were used as meeting places. Growth necessitated seeking larger accommodations. The Jarman Junior High School building served the purpose for a time. When the decision came to build a permanent meeting house, financial assistance was given by the Culbertson Heights congregation (now Mayfair). July 1944 marked the first meeting in the new building.
The ensuing years were good ones for the church in Midwest City. Rapid growth enabled the establishment of two new congregations (Del City and Eastside) from the original group of saints.
In April 1963, the decision was made to move from the Marshall Street location to a six and one-half acre site on North Air Depot. The congregation met for worship in the Country Estates School gymnasium during the latter part of 1968 and the early part of 1969. The move occurred in May 1969, when the congregation moved into the long-awaited new facility. In four years, the congregation had seen considerable growth, and plans to build additional classroom facilities became a reality when construction began in late May 1973. The 9,000 square foot, two-story classroom addition, consisting of four restrooms, kitchen, large fellowship area, and eleven classrooms was completed in April 1974.
Improvements were made to the facility in late 2004. ADA accessible restrooms were added to the foyer. Existing wainscot paneling was replaced with gypsum board which was textured and painted. New carpeting was installed in the foyer and auditorium. The auditorium was also repainted, pews were refinished and reupholstered, 6 ceiling fans installed, the audio/visual system received an upgrade. Later in 2004, a cry room was added to the auditorium. In 2008, improvements were made to the kitchen.